Thursday, January 10, 2013

All the Tape and Then Some

 Well the back to school  count down continues and to combat the chilly whether and first day back jitters I wanted to do something bold and bright. So this is what I came up with.


I really love the contrast between the my stark white base and the vibrant red. I used striping tape to get the lines as crisp as possible and for the most part it came out pretty good. While I loved the white and red combo I still wanted to spice it up with even more color.





Using a bright a sunny yellow to fill in the white circles was my next step. Initially I worried about how I could make perfect little half moon circles, so I used a large white hole punch and some tape to make the outline. In person, I'm guessing because I see it upside down, the whole affect looks very abstract with a Japanese flare. In the pictures it looks like a close up of a flower, with a yellow center and red petals. Anyway you look at it I love the end result. What do you think, is this something you would try? 

Base-ManGlaze Mayo
Red- Cult Nails Evil Queen (love this color!)
Yellow-American Apparel  Sunshine State 

No comments:

Post a Comment