Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Braid Shmaid!

Unless you've been living under a rock (that doesn't get WIFI I guess) you've probably come across Rebecca Likes Nails. She's this little gem who makes really pretty stamping and skittle manis. Now your probably thinking  I'm going to do some rendition of either her stamping or skittles work and you my friend...would be wrong. ( : Okay okay sorry. A while ago she posted this nail art and I literally saw little hearts coming out of the screen! Shortly after she being the dear that she is posted this follow up post so I got to work. I didn't go as bright with the colors and maybe that was a mistake but anyways here's what I came up with. 



Ya that's a napkin...

This is a really cool technique and I had a lot of fun painting. Maybe it was my color choices or something but  I'm not too sure how I feel about these bad boys.  I used this pack of minis that I found at Urban Outfitters that claim to have a matte finish. To be honest, they don't quite reach the effect you can get with a top coat like Essie's matte about you so I went ahead and topped them off with a bit of that.  Whelp time to watch some scrubs with the bf so I'll catch you ladies soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment