Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Meets Old Striping

I did a little shopping this past week and manged to get a few of OPI new Germany collection as well as a few clearance polishes from China Glaze, ULTA, Essie, Zoya and OPI. I'd like to think I'm pretty good about pacing myself when it come to buying new colors but when quality brands go on sale that mindset just goes out the window. To justify these purchases I decided to pick a color combo that would use colors from the clearance and new picks. 




For the base I used Essie's Loophole which to me is a dead ringer for No Place Like Chrome, with a price difference of about six bucks thanks to ULTA's sale. Next I used OPI's Schnapps Out of It! on top of striping tape to make the strip pattern. I really like this color duo because Schnapps Out of It! has a silver shimmer that is only noticeable in certain lights, it's also dark enough to really set off the silver. The other colors I manged to snag where Zoya Kendal, ULTA Heirhead, OPI Stranger Tides and China Glaze Westside Warrior.  

No comments:

Post a Comment